Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 5

Got up extra early to catch the 45 minute ride to the airport on the Metro. This time, the airport was a lot calmer. Bought some wine and dark chocolate at the airport. We were still able to catch our original flight on stand by and got first class. I was completly blown away. I thought we would be stuck in Madrid for another week.


Madrid is a lovely city with so much to do and see. I just wish I had packed the right clothes and figured out a way to cure my jet lag. There are so many differences between Americans and Spaniards. They dress very nice and are very fashionable. They wear a lot of dark colors. Everyone there is thin. They walk with a purpose. They must think us Americans are so sloppy in a frayed jeans and tennis shoes and tangled hair. I love how they eat late at night and drink wine every nite of the week. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is out until at least 2 in the morning. It was great to experience such a neat culture. I'd love to go back again in the spring or summer when it's not so freezing.

Random pictures..


My Metro (subway) ticket stubs.


Busy sidewalks at 1 in the morning.


Plaza de la Independencia (the post office).




Tapas!


Plaza de la Villa


Plaza de la Villa

No comments:

Post a Comment